Our 柴油技术 Program is designed to prepare students to enter the diesel mechanic career field. This instruction gives an understanding of diesel equipment construction, 操作理论, and standard industry service, 以及修复程序. This instruction not only provides knowledge to perform equipment repair and service but also develops skills necessary to diagnose malfunctions. Two of the most important skills that will be developed are problem solving and critical thinking.
A graduate of this program will be able to:
- Diagnose and repair common malfunctions of the following systems:
- Diesel engine principles and operation, shop operation and tool/equipment usage
- Diesel engine – lubrication, 冷却, 燃油喷射系统, 机械系统, 摄入, and exhaust including turbo chargers
- Diesel engine troubleshooting, testing, repair, and rebuild
- Medium and heavy-duty truck and equipment; electrical/electronic systems
- Medium and heavy-duty vehicle braking systems, hydraulic and air brake systems
- Steering and suspension systems
- Drive train systems – including automatic, 自动切换, and manual transmissions; driveline and differentials
- Preventive maintenance inspections
- Basic hydraulics and hydraulic systems
- Basic welding, oxy-acetylene, plasma, and metal fabrication
- PA State Cat 3 Inspection and Federal DOT Safety Inspection procedures
- Develop sound and safe diesel shop practice skills, including environmental protection.
- 养成良好的购物习惯, including demonstrating a good attendance record, 守时, 愿意……
work as a team, and a positive attitude toward lifelong learning.
- 应用 laws of physics/scientific principles to diesel equipment systems and components when performing in-shop testing exercises and diagnostic procedures.
- Record diagnostic testing data and reports using necessary mathematics; solve basic problems using algebra.
- Locate and interpret technical data represented in shop manuals, 诊断图表, 还有接线图. This could be hard copy or electronically driven.
- Demonstrate appropriate diesel shop management practices, including student management, 客户关系, 购物过程, and writing repair orders.
- Prepare to take and pass the ASE Medium and Heavy-Duty Truck test series after successful completion of this
program and one year of on-the-job experience.
- Prepare to become a lifelong learner. The diesel equipment industry is very fast paced with technology changing daily. Technicians will be constantly upgrading their knowledge and skills. A solid fundamental base is crucial for building these skills.
|工作 & 薪水前景||必要的技能|